- Attend school in the full and correct uniform.
- No tongue studs and nose studs.
- The learner’s hair must always be clean and neatly combed.
- No extravagant hairstyles.
- Learners may not colour, dye, bleach or highlight their hair.
- The fringe, if combed forward, may not touch the eyebrows.
- No pins are to be used to keep the stud holes in ears open
- No glasses without a prescription
HAIR RULES: BOYS
- The natural hairline is a guide for the length of neck-hair. The hair must thicken gradually. The hair may not hang over the collar of the shirt, blazer or windbreaker.
- The hair may not extend over the top of the ear.
- The hair may not be cut in a “step”.
- Long hair may not be pushed in behind the ear.
- The hair on top of the head must be of a reasonable length and may not be out of proportion to the length of the rest of the hair.
If gel is used it must not be noticeable and may not be used to disguise unacceptable hairstyles. Hair may not look wet or be sticky.
- When facial hair (moustache and/or beard) becomes visible, it must be shaved. Age does not determine when a boy has to start shaving.
- Sideburns may not extend beyond the centre of the ear.
HAIR RULES: GIRLS
- When the hair (at the back) touches the collar of the shirt, blazer or windbreaker, it must be neatly tied or plaited.
- Maroon ribbons, Alice bands and elastics must be worn with the summer dress and navy with the winter dress code.
- No decorated / shiny clips and elastics or ribbons are allowed.
- Tied hair must be bound back against the head in one or two ponytails or braids.
- No hair is allowed to hang loose underneath the ponytails
- If the fringe touches the eyebrow, clips must be used to pin it back.
- No hair bands made of material may be worn.
- Alice bands may not be wider than 2 cm
- Braided hair extensions that are attached to the head are allowed for girls with ethnic hair.
- No hair products may be used to set the hair in an extravagant style.
- Hair may not be teased, but must be combed down.
No jewellery except the following:
- Wrist watch with a maximum width of 2,5 cm.
- Narrow gold or silver earrings/sleepers with a diameter of 1,5 cm. The ring must complete a full circle and may not be fashioned.
- Small gold or silver studs with a diameter smaller than 0,5 cm. The studs may contain a colourless stone.
- If there is more than one hole in the ear, a ring may be only worn in the bottom hole. No rings are allowed in the top section of the ear.
- Only colourless nailpolish.
- No French manicure.
- Nails may have a maximum length of 2 mm